Everybody is a part of the problem, everybody is a part of the solution. Starting from this sentence “Youth social exclusion : preventing and remedying this vicious circle” is a seminar planned for youth workers that work to support the development of youth at local, regional, national and European level.
In particular the project is finalized to share best practices, ideas among organizations and youth workers involved, share tools and knowledge to the youth workers in light of improve the condition of young people with fewer opportunities and support their enhanchement and development.
In this context the objectives we want to achieve are:
1) to explore the main aspects of social exclusion on the 3 different categories of young people with fewer opportunities identified (experiencing poor living conditions, being unable to participate in the social and political life of one’s community, being unable to enjoy cultural and recreational activities,suffering from health conditions, etc.);
2) to identify obstacles and issues which are causing exclusion and find solutions to increase inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities and enhance quality of activities to be more effective with youth;
3) to share best practices among the different partners and youth workers and develop innovative ideas and activities for the improvement of quality of projects and activities on social inclusion;
4) to promote cooperation in the youth field to create better opportunities for inclusion of youth;
5) to build up partnerships for projects that help youth workers to acquire and improve competences to implement activities addressed to support people with fewer opportunities (disabled, unemployed, migrants).
This project will examines the nature, causes, consequences of social inequality for youth and will give space to share best practices, exchange ideas, discuss about projects, tools useful for youth workers to work with young people with that face social problems as youth disabled , youth refugees and immigrant and unemployed.
Methods used are: non – formal education activities, role play, working groups and workshops. At the seminar will attend youth organizations with a huge experience in the field of inclusion of 3 different categories:
– Young migrants and refugees;
– Youth people with disabilities especially in the work environment;
– Young people unemployed and N.E.E.T.